Sil Industrial Minerals is a company of good, hard-working people dedicated to providing excellent service and top-quality products for its customers through leading edge technology. That's why Sil Industrial Minerals is Western Canada's leader in industrial sands, blasting abrasives and equipment.
Sil Industrial Minerals is now hiring a Fuel & Lube Technician for our sand plant near Bruderheim, AB.
The responsibilities of the Fuel & Lube Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Perform lube oil filter services in the field.
- Daily servicing of all machinery including: fueling, fluid levels, tire pressure, components, and filters.
- Responsible for a fleet of machines.
- Participate as a vital team member, and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support, as required.
- Promote a team approach and maintain dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, subcontractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself, or endanger the wellbeing of others.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have a Class 3 Driver’s License, with Air Brakes.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License (no GDL accepted).
- Must have a clean drivers abstract.
- 1 year experience as a lube technician is an asset.
- Willing to train individuals with a strong work ethic.
- Mechanic background or experience is an asset.
- Able to drive an 18 speed transmission is an asset.
- Experience operating equipment is an asset.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- Good analytical ability and manual dexterity.
- Must have proven ability to work in tight spots.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work in physically demanding conditions.
- Committed to working in a safe and efficient manner.
- CSA approved steel toed boots with 6” ankle support.
- CSTS-09, and H2S Awareness training is an asset.
- Successful candidates are required to have personal reliable transportation, valid driver’s license
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing which would be swab or urine depending on site requirements.
- Candidates must successfully complete Sil Industrial Minerals Orientation, Site Specific Orientation as well as any other fit for work testing.
Applicants must be available for varying scheduled day and night shifts.
This is NOT a camp position. Candidates must live in the area.
Sil Industrial Minerals is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resumes; however only those selected for and interview will be contacted.
We’re Ready. Are You?